Translate 'As Time Flies'

June 16, 2013

Daddy's Girl #monday musings

I am a girl,
My daddy's girl.
He showed me the ways of life  and was always there by my side.
Papa, I love you for what you have made me,
for the vision you gave me.
The critic in you brought the best out of me.
I don't know how, but you always know,
the way I feel.

Your had your own little ways to make me feel secure;
My tough papa has a softer side for sure.
No kissing and cuddling from you;
But I know you love us too.
The way you held us through life's night and day;
keeping the problems at bay.

Papa I feel proud to be your little girl.
 My daddy's girl.

Father and daughter in the park Stock Photo - 16167336
Courtesy - 123rf.com
Though I had written this poem around two years back it still holds true to its emotion even today.

Linking to #MondayMusings @write tribe

6 comments

  1. That's too cute :) I agree, we don't know how, but he always knows how we feel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Harsha.
      Its just that we as children may be ignorant at times...

      Delete
  2. what a wonderful tribute to your dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      My father laughs when he reads the poem, maybe he is more comfortable with the unspoken.

      Delete
  3. Cute and endearing post. The love expressed by a daughter and father has been told in such a beautiful way:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Vishal for liking this post. :)

      Delete

Don't leave without an impression of your thoughts on what you just read or saw. It is an essential fuel for this blog.

Subscribe Now!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Catch them in Air via Reader

Ira's bookshelf: read

Dove
Dreams from My Father
Northanger Abbey


Ira's favorite books »