Translate 'As Time Flies'

December 13, 2014

Relive Moments Bollywood Ishtyle.

In the literal sense, you cannot count me as a movie buff as I do not watch first day first show. In fact, I have not until date watched a movie first day first show.
Google.Com
However, I am an avid movie enthusiast. Unlike people who watch a type of cinema I can sit for any movie as long as it can hold my attention. Sometimes you just do not want to chill. At that time the ‘Masala Movies’ add to the spices of a monotonous life. Then there are times when I am unaware of myself ‘Soft romantic comedies’ come to my rescue.  Then ‘we’ that is ‘He, Me’ watch the dubbed movies on ‘Cinema Zee’; I meant ‘Zee Cinema’. (Somehow just went with the flow). Then there are instance when you are blank, world is weird and then suddenly you start watching a movie that just lifts your spirit. It brings back fond memories of the childhood, your change in perspective then and now.

We relive these movies. They are beyond time, generations, content, and audience type. I too have some movies in my kitty. Some are dark comedy, some light while others hard hitting. The movies I list here come in random order and cater to various age groups.

Sanjeev Kumar, Deven Varma Starrer Angoor that was about two sets of twins who get separated unaware of each other’s presence and how it creates a chaos in their life without giving any reasons.
Then there was Amol palekar, Bindiya Gosowami starrer Golmaal where a person has to create a twin to hide his Modern avatar from his boss. How a lie leads to a series of lies and misunderstandings.


 Khatta Meetha and Khoobsurat both have a backdrop of joint family. However, they are not comedies in the correct sense but they do not put across thoughts in a hard-hitting manner

 In case of a cosy weekend go for Pyaasa, Rajnigandha, Music and lyrics, When sally met Harry, Hum Dil De chuke Sanam, DDLJ, Maine pyaar kiya(Though I find some scenes funny now, maybe in relation to today’s context.) Namastay London.

 Well it is Christmas season so ‘Jingle all the way’, Happy feet, Home Alone series, Sound of music, My fair Lady, Scent of a Woman, Dead Poets Society, The terminal. Sit back and Enjoy!

Just in case you are in a mood for “kahin deep jale kahin dil” type movies –Gumnaam, 100 Days, Khamosh, Talaash, Who kaun Thi, Mahal,Humraaz.

In case of a Soulful cinema we have Munnabhai MBBS, Rang De Basanti, Dil Chahta Hai, Queen, Sarfarosh, Zindagi milegi na Dobaraa, Swades,Chakde. Although they all had a message to convey, they were not preaching.

Then we have the eternal ‘Andaz Apna Apna’. For a long time I was unaware that the ‘ailoji sanam hum aa gaye’ was a modern day song. The two Khans matched each other and raised the spirits.
A few other movies that I can recall are Welcome, Maine pyaar kyon kiya, Chalti Ka Naam gaadi, Jaane Bhi do yaaron, Wordless wonder; this is not a movie name. I meant Kamal Haasan starrer ‘Pushpak’. The list would be Incomplete without the “Babu Bhai Starrer” – Hera Pheri.

Though the list is endless, this should suffice for the fortnight.

“Acchi movies abhi baaki hai mere dost”
Google.Com



Written in response
to 
Edition 43

2 comments

  1. Great list...
    You have mentioned few of my favorites too...well written!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Akshita.
    I guess there is this certain cinema that is everybody's favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Don't leave without an impression of your thoughts on what you just read or saw. It is an essential fuel for this blog.

Subscribe Now!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Catch them in Air via Reader

Ira's bookshelf: read

Dove
Dreams from My Father
Northanger Abbey


Ira's favorite books »