Translate 'As Time Flies'

January 19, 2015

Death I Know is Of a Different Sort

Death I know is of a different sort
I see people who are alive but lifeless
Unaware of the magic called Life.
Then I know people long deceased
Still living in hearts and dreams alike.
Life after death; how it will be?
I do not know.

If I belong to hell or heaven who shall know?
Let me create a history rather than wait.
Wait for the mystery.
The mystery called death
Death with all its powers and hold.

Let me have control over my present trip
The man on the bull shall take over the reign when I leave
Do not make hell here and take away life's charm
Do not forget that tomorrow you may be in its arms.

Will the death cradle you or bounce you around
No one can tell as they never answer 
Those who have found.
The person who sees hell here may be in for surprise
The gates of heaven wait for him open and wide.
Enjoy life as it comes
About our expiry date, we are dumb.
Who knows what moment is our last?
Today is our present
Tomorrow it will be past.
Love, live, care, fear
Leave all the rest.

Why worry about that adventure that lies next
Maybe it will be better than all that earth can profess.
May be the lanes there are brighter and cleaner,
May be no holy water is needed for there is no sinner,
May be the soul reaches the other side pure.

Anxiety for the unseen shall make it tough.
Live this life as it comes
Sometimes smooth
Sometimes rough.

Just a plea dear death
When the fall is near
Come without any fuss!

Written in response to  #DeathisBeginning on Indieblogger

6 comments

  1. Enjoyed your blog. Having worked in Hospice as a nurse, I've learned the only time we are given is the moment...so I stay in the now as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan.
      It seems you have tapped the crux of life. Keep going strong...

      Delete
  2. A truly amazing poem!!! Kudos!!
    And I totally agree with making the best of the present :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good take... Well presented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughts on the post.

      Delete

Don't leave without an impression of your thoughts on what you just read or saw. It is an essential fuel for this blog.

Subscribe Now!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Catch them in Air via Reader

Ira's bookshelf: read

Dove
Dreams from My Father
Northanger Abbey


Ira's favorite books »