Translate 'As Time Flies'

June 14, 2015

Orange Dimes - Sweet Sour LIfe

write tribe 100 words on saturday
courtesy - writetribe
The children of this house call me ‘uncle’. It has been years since I am delivering oranges to this house.

Did you notice that smile on my face? Well, the housekeeper tells me I have a new customer in this house. I took out this special blue bag to present the orange dimes to babu’. ‘Orange dimes’ as Babu would call these oranges. Generally, I sell oranges packed in newspaper but today it is different.

I hear Babu’s footsteps coming hurriedly to the gate just as he did when he was a boy of four.

“Uncle, extra Orange Dimes today.”


Posted for 2d514474-672f-49c4-929e-6b3f8dc84559_zpsbca51962

10 comments

  1. The oranges look really good, and a cute story as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Linda. :)

      Delete
  2. Smiles spread as I read the post and so does it on the face of the fruit seller :)

    http://drsushreedash.blogspot.in/2015/06/left-over.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for liking the post. Glad that it could bring a smile to you Too.
      :)

      Delete
  3. Good take on the prompt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Sunita and thank you for liking the perspective on this post.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank yor Archana. :)

      Delete

Don't leave without an impression of your thoughts on what you just read or saw. It is an essential fuel for this blog.

Subscribe Now!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Catch them in Air via Reader

Ira's bookshelf: read

Dove
Dreams from My Father
Northanger Abbey


Ira's favorite books »