Translate 'As Time Flies'

June 5, 2015

The Finish Line

Far from the gaze in a distant future
Stood my destination.
A feeble picture of my goal
That set me in Motion.

None could reason my determination as a bull
No other felt that magnetic pull.
My eyes they felt were wild
My heart was still a child.
My dreams; territory unheard unseen
Crowd felt nothing elegant in my genes.

courtesy - vectorstock

I continued my voyage
Determination invisible to herd mentality
Small steps tracing long secluded path
Until engraved a niche for my creativity.

Today they who didn’t want me near
Fearing waste of time.
Stand in queues for a glimpse
While I stand on the other side of 
The Finish Line.

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda(2015)

The post also finds place in ABC - W family created by Mrs. Nesbitt. Somehow missed adding the link earlier. :) (2016)

8 comments

  1. nice poem... distant future, i never think about it, live by the day each day

    Have a nice abc-day / - week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes living each day is the best way to live life...

      Delete
  2. LOVE this! Kudos!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the imagery

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take it that this post is also part of ABCW? Created by Mrs. Nesbitt? Don't forget to mention it next time
    Wil, ABCW team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aye ! Aye! Captain. The mistake has been corrected here itself.

      Delete

Don't leave without an impression of your thoughts on what you just read or saw. It is an essential fuel for this blog.

Subscribe Now!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Catch them in Air via Reader

Ira's bookshelf: read

Dove
Dreams from My Father
Northanger Abbey


Ira's favorite books »