Translate 'As Time Flies'

July 20, 2015

Affirmations

Courtesy - leaderonomics.com
I have a learnt a trick to do away with the gloom and blues that take over me. When nothing seems to work and the mind is but equivalent to a void, when the heart loses to spontaneity and intuition makes me ponder I take to affirmations.

I may not get solutions but, gradually the self-doubt starts melting, which may be attributed to diversion and positive vibes that evolve. It relaxes the nerves. My mother introduced me to this phenomenon.
While we were growing, my mother scolded us if we started a sentence on negative note. A few years back she found it was called ’affirmations’ where everything is to be brought down to ’I will’ and all sentences are positive. When we make it a habit, it automatically, changes our perception and becomes a part of our lifestyle.

Life is not about what you lack instead what you have and are capable of having. Learn to love and approve yourself, don’t let other people choose your dreams or force their view on you. Your today is a present for you as you are special in your own way.

Better, see your reflection in the mirror and embrace your soul than look at yourself through the eyes of several other people.


Accept yourself.

Linking to 

10 comments

  1. Well said. This affirmations or positive thinking do make a big difference. Positive thinking and attitude enables us to see the bright side of life and it makes a huge the difference in the outcome of our life too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they are the stepping stones to any task.

      Delete
  2. A very positive post.I loved the last sentence, look at your soul through the reflection in the mirror and not what others think of you. Very well said11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Usha Ji. Your response means a lot to me.

      Delete
  3. Love the positive posts from my blogger friends. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure is all mine. You can say that the company of friends has that effect on me ;)

      Delete
  4. I have to agree... positive thinking may not be easy during tough times but it actually helped me get through my worst moments and slowly turn around. In fact, I have taken up the #100HappyDays challenge twice (technically thrice!) in the last two years and each time, my life had turned around dramatically by the end of the challenge.
    http://www.godyears.net/2015/06/why-i-hope-you-will-take-up.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is something new. Here I have some one who has the experience of this thought. Will try it sometime soon with some modifications though!

      Delete
  5. I APPRECIATE your ATTITUDE!

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger. Appreciations are like booster doses!

      Delete

Don't leave without an impression of your thoughts on what you just read or saw. It is an essential fuel for this blog.

Subscribe Now!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Catch them in Air via Reader

Ira's bookshelf: read

Dove
Dreams from My Father
Northanger Abbey


Ira's favorite books »