Translate 'As Time Flies'

July 24, 2015

Cherished for LIfe

personal photo
This picture is an interpretation of how my little one sees us. He made the drawing when he had just started his pre-school. The mamma, papa, and baby flowers gave a vista to his world that is confined; his first expression about love.

Although, it is nothing expensive or ornamental but it holds a special place in my heart and is probably the finest gift I have ever received. It embellishes my workstation and in times when low phase ambushes me, it fortifies my spirits.

Sometimes children teach us tough lessons of life in the simplest ways. If a gift has, personal feelings attached to it and a uniqueness characteristic of the person giving it, the memories rarely fade away.

In addition, love needs no words or a decoration if it is there it automatically comes forth in the gestures. The wavy lines and the chaotic coloring gave me a feeling that is unmatched for and beyond words in my vocabulary.

10 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so lovely to see the world through the eyes of a child. Thank you for sharing this as part of the Cherishe Blogfest. Peter (above) was having trouble with commenting on Blogger. I'm almost glad since this post fell into my lap to cover. I am so glad you shared this picture. Our daughter is a tad over 30, but my wife still has some drawings like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess parents keep the memories alive with these non traditional souvenirs. My mom too keeps showing our scribbles and coloring pages to the kids, probably reliving those days.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for participating. Your picture reminded me of my own drawings when I was a kid. I used to mail it to the newspaper and then get it published in the Kids Zone page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful. Maybe, someday we will probably view those too in some of your post.

      Delete
  4. Oh that's such a sweet drawing and I know that this will stay with you forever as a beautiful and a heartwarming memory. A child sees his world just as it ought to be and your kid did just that! Lovely Cherished Gift without a doubt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! It sort of gives me a warmth that comes when I hug my little one... Therapeutic!

      Delete
  5. Lovely drawing. I have a big collection of my son's drawing since the day he started to make scribbles on the paper. They are undoubtedly the most cherished ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's true our children's drawings are even more precious than masterpieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with you! Welcome to the blog!

      Delete

Don't leave without an impression of your thoughts on what you just read or saw. It is an essential fuel for this blog.

Subscribe Now!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Catch them in Air via Reader

Ira's bookshelf: read

Dove
Dreams from My Father
Northanger Abbey


Ira's favorite books »