Translate 'As Time Flies'

July 24, 2015

In search of Warm Snow

unnamed
PHOTO PROMPT © Dee Lovering

The metallic sheen outside the window tempts me; the polished crystals hanging on the window beckon me to feel them.

I wish to abide their call but then I am a child whose universe is confined to this room. This is the optimal environment for me; conditioned to a particular temperature. I long to play with the snowman; dig into the snow to make snowballs and throw them at friends.

I know I this is tough but cannot the sun for one day give its warmth to the white mushy snow while I play like the others. If only ...

Inspired by an article I read about a girl suffering from Cold Urticaria (an allergic response to cold temperatures).



Linking to

8 comments

  1. That would be a difficult existence. Well done.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it would be tough to live like that.
      Thanks Rochelle.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful interpretation, exploring the world of a child that life and adults like to restrict.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vishal. Sometimes life complicates beyond our imagination...

      Delete
  3. What a sad life for the child, not to be able to play as her playmates do. The longing comes through strongly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That article touched me too. Sad for a growing child!

      Delete
  4. Aah! The longing of the child... It must be so terrible to know that you want something but also knowing that you can never have it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes life has other plans while we are busy sorting it out!

      Delete

Don't leave without an impression of your thoughts on what you just read or saw. It is an essential fuel for this blog.

Subscribe Now!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Catch them in Air via Reader

Ira's bookshelf: read

Dove
Dreams from My Father
Northanger Abbey


Ira's favorite books »