Translate 'As Time Flies'

August 22, 2015

Temptations

Colourful specks fill my life
I chose a few
Kept them aside
Attempting to preserve
Bottled them up
Alas!
I forgot about them
After a while.

One day I opened my safe
There lay my treasure
Hidden in the dark
While I was, busy
To unravel the future
Left behind
- My forgotten spark.


courtesy

Colours that tempt us
Belong to us
On our part
It is rampant greed
Or else anticipation
That breaks us apart

If only I had had kept it
Hanging in front of my eyes
I probably would have progressed
Not wasted my time
Fearing some menacing act
That never existed
In the path.


Linking To
Write Tribe
three word wednesday

14 comments

  1. My hubby is a "keeper" and has had many opportunities to mention to me that it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess everywhere it is one amongst the two who has this duty...
      :)

      Delete
  2. lovely thought evoking poems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheilagh.

      Delete
  3. It will be a treasure trove priceless in sentimental value!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You out that really wonderfully. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Payal and Welcome to 'As Time Flies'

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Glad you liked it!

      Delete
  6. A beautiful expression!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply brilliant. Love every word:)



    https://vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com/2015/08/28/100wordsonsaturday-sparkling-eyes/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vishal. That is indeed an inspiration!

      Delete

Don't leave without an impression of your thoughts on what you just read or saw. It is an essential fuel for this blog.

Subscribe Now!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Catch them in Air via Reader

Ira's bookshelf: read

Dove
Dreams from My Father
Northanger Abbey


Ira's favorite books »