Translate 'As Time Flies'

September 8, 2015

Perspective

Source
Blending hues 
Suddenly appear
Meeting far above
Creating a stir

Up here
As I am, near
The colours
I wished to touch
No longer 
Stay so dear

I stare down 
Lush green grass
Never known to exist
Lay with its arms open
Calling me back

Fences 
That appeared resistance
Give me protection
The very height 
I wished to achieve
Showed me 
How small I am.
I am human 
I am superior
I thought
Unaware
Nature was ready 
To beat me 
In my own game.

Beauty of life
Lies in its tones,
An urge
To survive and strive
Despite odd times.


14 comments

  1. One gets into the grind. Looking at lush greenery of opportuniyies one can only lament! How small are we to take the world by the horn just to survive. It is plainly a vain effort in many instances. Great lines Ira!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hank. Life is not as complex as we tend to make it trying to follow the lives of others or else copying others. As it is equilibrium means death! SO beauty of life is in the little chaos.

      Delete
  2. Excellent sweet read. :) Very positive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, nature is always ready. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You. Glad it appealed.

      Delete
  4. " An urge
    To survive and strive
    Despite odd times."......love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra. Glad you liked it!

      Delete
  5. Beautifully put together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You , Rajesh.

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed the shifting plays on the "perspective" of the title--visual & internal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. Glad that the post could entertain! :)

      Delete
  7. having to survive seems an odd reality in this modern world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! maybe it is our self-created trap!

      Delete

Don't leave without an impression of your thoughts on what you just read or saw. It is an essential fuel for this blog.

Subscribe Now!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Catch them in Air via Reader

Ira's bookshelf: read

Dove
Dreams from My Father
Northanger Abbey


Ira's favorite books »