Translate 'As Time Flies'

February 3, 2016

D is For Doodling

Doodling Back to Health

While I was captive of the Flu this is what I did. Spare me if it looks childish but then this was all I had to keep myself busy - DOODLING!


doodle butterfly

According to Wikipedia, "A doodle is a drawing made while a person's attention is otherwise occupied. Doodles are simple drawings that can have concrete representational meaning or may just be abstract shapes."

Whereas, according to dictionary.com when used as a verb, (used with or without object), doodled, doodling.to draw or scribble idly, to waste (time) in aimless or foolish activity or else, Dialect. to deceive; cheat.
When used as a noun it means a design, figure, or the like, made by idle scribbling or Archaic. a foolish or silly person.


Doodle ABC W

No matter how foolish an activity it may appear but some studies suggest it good for the brain.
Personally, also, I feel as if it helps do away with the hollow feeling or emptiness that surrounds oneself.

design

While I was in school the back of the hemline of my uniform used to be adorned wih doodles, so did the pages of the notebook during boring lectures. Now, things are different but the attraction towards scribbling and doodle still has not lost its charm.

The pictures used above are the property of an idle mind that belongs to the author of this post.  ;)

Do you scribble or doodle to shun away the unwelcome gloom or in your day dreaming time? 

Linking to

24 comments

  1. The flu..... had me in its grip to for the last 2 weeks, so i can imagine who you felt/feel. ;-(
    Wishing you quick recovery and about your doodling, that look great !

    Have a nice abc-day / - week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d u ♫ (abc-w-team)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that is so sad. It takes away the strength with it. Hope you get well soon!
      Thanks for the appreciation!

      Delete
  2. Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore has done some incredible doodlig. There is a book on that too.
    I liked your doodles. :)
    Happy ABCW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Indrani. I will definitely check his book and the doodles he drew! Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  3. I have a new adult coloring book, so if I get the urge to doodle a bit, that's what I can use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is cool! I will also buy one for myself only they are quite expensive here( At least the once I saw)and I know I may not be a regular with that.
      Lets see your work sometime in future. Waiting eagerly!

      Delete
  4. The doodles don't look childish to me - you are an ARTISTE! Delightful..

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! you are such a dear. The way you have written artiste makes me feel like one (even though transitory)I ma beaming with childlike pride!

      Delete
  5. Pretty doodles. Doodling has been the only thing that got me through boring work meetings in the past, well that and looking out of the window LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy! talking about meetings I would often take a nap without anybody knowing about it!That is apart from the doodling and scribbling!
      ;)

      Delete
  6. My youngest son is a doodler. I think it is a marvelous occupation, Good for the brain, creative and meditative, all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hildred! Is he formally into doodling as in professionally! Lucky!
      Welcome to the Blog!

      Delete
  7. Your "doodling" is FAR superior to anything I could create!

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, you have not showed it to us how do we know it is not a bluff! :)

      Delete
  8. I scribble, draw, paint . . . they are good therapy. Your doodling looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carin! I know what you mean. It takes away the tension.
      Thanks for the lovely words!

      Delete
  9. Loved the 1st and last the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Coming from someone who has an eye for art I take it a compliment!

      Delete
  10. If all flu patients were so inspiring and creative like you, the world would look a lot happier and more beautiful. Your drawings are fantastic!
    Wil, ABCWTeam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have made my day! Everyone has that something inside to keep them lively its just that we often get entangled in the world!

      Delete
  11. Beautiful abstract drawings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rajesh. Glad you liked them.

      Delete

Don't leave without an impression of your thoughts on what you just read or saw. It is an essential fuel for this blog.

Subscribe Now!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Catch them in Air via Reader

Ira's bookshelf: read

Dove
Dreams from My Father
Northanger Abbey


Ira's favorite books »